|Animal Farm / Culture Shock|
|Add Date:||2012-02-12||Pull Date:||2012-04-15||Charts:||Hip-Hop|
|Week Ending:||15 Apr||8 Apr||18 Mar||26 Feb||19 Feb|
|1.||Sun, 14 Apr 19:||Raymundo|
MHz presents The Wicked Takeover: HipHop 1993-1997
|4.||Sun, 11 Mar 18:||Raymundo|
MHz broadcast: 03.11.18
|2.||Sun, 02 Sep 18:||Raymundo|
MHz broadcast 09.02.18
|5.||Sun, 21 Jan 18:||Raymundo|
MHz broadcast 01.21.18
|3.||Sun, 20 May 18:||Raymundo|
|6.||Sun, 09 Jul 17:||Raymundo|
Focused Noise Recordings
Animal Farm's release "Culture Shock" takes you on a lyrical journey covering subjects from their early childhood playing video games, watching 80's wrestling (Honky Tonk Man reference on track 13) to even expressing their own style of hip-hop versus what you would hear via the commercial radio stations. Culture Shock features some guest emcees ranging from LA's own Abstract Rude with his distinctive tone of voice to the East Coast emcee from Black Star: Talib Kweli with his unique style of lyrical flow. Along with the guest emcees there are some great production work with the collaboration from legendary NYC turntablist from the X-Men / Executioners: DJ Rob Swift which he specializes in cutting & scratching over a soulful blend of a track. Coined as the "People's DJ", DJ Wicked (from Season 2 of Master of the Mix) demonstrates extremely quick wordplay scratching and creativity flowing on the track "Back in the Day". All clean & Radio-Edits.
Recommended tracks: 2, 7, & 13
1. Melodic and mellow beat. Sharp and precise turntablism word-play cutting by X-Men / Executioners NYC DJ Rob Swift.
2. Early soul influence guitars. Soulful horns and vocal sampling. Middle of the track there's a great breakdown transition around 2:17. Recommended.
3. Funky and sounding rhythm. Dreamy sounding.
4. Powerful drums and horns. Uptempo 70's soul beat.
5. Disco sounding. Upbeat and quick scratching wordplay courtesy of DJ Wicked (Season 2 contestant from "Master of the Mix"). R & B female vocal samples. Fun track.
6. Orchestrated horns with a combination of keyboards. Uptempo beat.
7. Boom-Bap sounding with a dub-dancehall / downtempo influence. Abstract Rude makes a special appearance on the cypher. Very melodic. Recommended.
8. Uptempo and classic soul influence sound. Excellent violin / strings sampling. Classic 90's hip-hop sounding drums. R & B male vocals in the chorus.
9. Doo-Wop influence soul beat. Melodic samples. A bit slow with the singing chorus.
10. Classic 70's AM radio / AM-Gold soundtrack romanticism horn. Catchy breaks and beat along with an upbeat lyrical flow.
11. Dark sounding towards the beginning of the track. Very slow and dragging beat.
12. Mid-tempo track with some bouncy sounding lyrical emceeing.
13. Great 70's cop television show influence sampling. Soulful horns and keyboards. Excellent use of the female vocals in the backgrounds. Recommended.
- Raymundo 01/2012