|Rich, Robert / Medicine Box|
|Add Date:||2012-04-07||Pull Date:||2012-06-09||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||10 Jun||3 Jun||27 May||20 May||13 May||29 Apr|
|1.||Dec 04, 2017:||In Your Ear Radio - In The Cosmos, This Morning Here |
|4.||Jul 20, 2012:||In Your Ear | Fo, Where Are You!? |
Helios, Crepescule, Alba
|2.||Aug 11, 2015:||In Your Ear Radio |
Macula, Kaaruwana, Alba
|5.||Jul 13, 2012:||In Your Ear | Fo, Where Are You!? |
Macula, Kaaruwana, Alba
|3.||Sep 19, 2012:||In Your Ear | Global Radio |
|6.||Jul 05, 2012:||In Your Ear | A Last Minute Return |
--All Tracks are FCC CLEAN--|
Robert Rich is one of the leading musicians in the area of ambient electronica music. With a career spanning three decades and over 30 albums, he is widely regarded as a figure whose sound has greatly influenced today's ambient music, dark-ambient, tribal and trance, yet his own music remains hard to categorize. Part of his unique sound comes from using home-made acoustic and electronic instruments, microtonal harmonies, computer-based signal processing, chaotic systems and feedback networks. His musical compositions are known for their subtle and exquisite layered complexity and beauty. 2011’s “Medicine Box” sees ambient master Robert Rich return with the follow-up to 2010's “Ylang” album. As before, Rich is joined by a variety of collaborators: Haroun on guitar, Cheri Chuang on vocals, Edo Castro on cello and Slim Heilpern on chromatic harmonica. The album includes great artwork from John Bergin, in bright 3-fold Digipack.
1. “Alba” is a nice blend of world fusion and ambient with a great melody that pulls you in from the beginning.
**2. “Kaaruwana” has Rich’s sound beautifully interacting with the almost angelic voice of Cheri Chuang, a classically trained composer and vocalist.
**3. “Macula” is dominated by gentle piano and pulsing percussions, with notable appearances of Hans Christian on cello (long time collaborator of Robert Rich) and Edo Castro on bass.
4. “Cornea” is a sort of psychedelic track with a western feel and the noticeable sound of harmonica.
5. “Crepescule”is a haunting track with a beautiful flute, strong cello sounds and delightful piano.
6. “Pollen” is a more emotional track highlighted with the angelic voices of Cheri Chuang.
7. “Callyx” has an eerie feel and shows Rich’s masterful range of melodies, guitar, piano, African rhythms and psychedelic tinges.
8. “Salamander Quay” is a track with a much more emotional feel expressed through the music.
**9. “Helios” is a wonderful ambient track of 11 minutes that masterfully blends the sounds of Rich with the performances of Cheri Chuang, Hans Christian and Edo Castro.
My picks: 2, 3 & 9 Ramzi Salti