|Prince Fatty Meets The Mutant Hi-Fi / Return Of Gringo!|
|Album:||Return Of Gringo!||Collection:||Reggae|
|Artist:||Prince Fatty Meets The Mutant Hi-Fi||Added:||Dec 2011|
|Add Date:||2012-01-01||Pull Date:||2012-03-04||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Feb 26||Feb 19||Feb 12||Jan 29||Jan 22||Jan 15|
|1.||Feb 25, 2012:||New World Disorder |
|4.||Feb 18, 2012:||New World Disorder |
|2.||Feb 24, 2012:||The U.I.E. |
|5.||Feb 17, 2012:||Urban Innercity Experience |
Wear The Black Hat (If The Black Hat Fits)
|3.||Feb 20, 2012:||Happy Hour |
Blondes Have More Guns
|6.||Feb 11, 2012:||New World Disorder |
Way Back To Town
Prince Fatty Meets the Mutant Hi-Fi in Return of Gringo!|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 12/20/12
Spaghetti Western Surf-Ska/Reggae/Dub from the UK. Mondo gnarly! Prince Fatty is a rock steady band, Mutant HIfi is producer Nick Coplowe. Features actual Spaghetti Western whistler Alessandro Alessandroni!
All (basically) instrumentals. All fan-freakin-tastic.
1. 3:43 ***gunshots, drum roll, then uptempo surf guitar, then twangy Spaghetti Western Ska. Gosh!
2. 3:38 ***whistling, relaxed but uptempo rock steady groove, and pretty chimes. Surf guitar and trumpet with mutes – great set of sounds.
3. 3:12 ***crickets and downtempo reggae with surf guitar, and harmonica.
4. 3:07 ***spoken word movie bits, uptempo reggae skank, horses, whammy bar…
5. 2:53 ****groovy bouncy uptempo ska with crazy whammy bar guitar, scratcher. Lovely!
6. 2:49 ***midtempo ska with full horn section, latin tinge.
7. 2:50 ***uptempo ska with stuttering keyboards as well as guitar.
8. 3:20 ***spoken word movie bit, midtempo ska with lounge exotica (I know this is a classical tune – can’t put my finger on it…)
9. 2:30 ***classic Spaghetti Western whistling, very uptempo ska with old school ska vocalization.
10. 2:55 ***spoken word dialog, then midtempo ska with relaxed horns, backing chorus.
11. 3:33 ***uptempo ska, effect-laden guitar, keyboards. Nice cornets, too.
12. 2:21 ***bit of spoken word, then Hava Nagila, just the way Dick Dale did it, but with a hyperspeed ska backbeat. Ends with goofy spoken word, about 13 seconds early.