|Various Artists / Rough Guide To Fado|
|Album:||Rough Guide To Fado||Collection:||World|
|Label:||World Music Network|
|Add Date:||2012-08-12||Pull Date:||2012-10-14||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||14 Oct||7 Oct||30 Sep||23 Sep||9 Sep||26 Aug|
|1.||Fri, 12 May 17:||DJ YJ|
DJ YJ's World Variety and Cultural Tidbits with Jamille
|4.||Sun, 30 Oct 16:||DJ YJ|
DJ YJ's Cultural Tidbits: From Fado to Sevdah
|2.||Sat, 19 Nov 16:||Eme O|
|5.||Fri, 05 Aug 16:||DJ YJ|
|3.||Sun, 06 Nov 16:||DJ YJ|
DJ YJ's World Variety and Cultural Tidbits
|6.||Sat, 02 Nov 13:||Eme O|
The deep, passionate music known as Fado has its roots firmly planed it Portugal. It is embodied by soaring and emotional vocals and lush guitar work. This 2-disc set is full of warm, often sad odes to love and love gone wrong. As wtth most of the “Rough Guide” series, it’s all worth a play (mostly ballads w/a few more upbeat tracks thrown in. Disc 1 is a regular compilation but disc 2 features star Fadista Cristina Branco and her delicious voice. But check out these especially:|
1. Slow, trilling guitar w/warm male vocals. Absolutely gorgeous.
3. Light guitar work leads into relaxed soaring female vocals. Yow
5. Delicate strings, solo guitar w/a gentle air of sadness throughout.
7. Wonderfully slow, heartbreaking female vocals & strings.
8. Bright & bouncy strings w/a happy, lilting sound. So good.
11. Sweet, nostalgic, wonderfully clear, gentle fem vox.
1. Sweet, lightly bouncy strings then husky, passionate fem vox.
3. Slow with those beautiful, crystal-perfect emotional voice.
5. A bit more upbeat with wonderful interplay w/vox & strings.
7. Is that a sitar? Strings in a midtempo love song w/great vox.
8. A capella intro then a slow, relaxed guitar. Lovely.
9. Upbeat & bright strings that counterpoint w/her emotive vox.
12. Down/midtempo strings backing her warm and rich vocals.
14. Slow, wonderful blend of her voice & a guitar. Simple power.