|Kennedy, Harrison / Shame The Devil|
|Album:||Shame The Devil||Collection:||Blues|
|Add Date:||2012-01-22||Pull Date:||2012-03-25||Charts:||Blues|
|Week Ending:||18 Mar||4 Mar|
|1.||Thu, 15 Mar 12:||MC Dizzy Jackson|
The Songsmith Show
|2.||Thu, 01 Mar 12:||MC Dizzy Jackson|
The Songsmith Show
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
It’s blues. It’s country. It’s country-blues. It’s Ontario-born, Detroit-based Harrison Kennedy layin’ down some incredible sounds. He invokes that old-time blues infused with country, r & b, and soul. It’s hard to imagine this kind of stuff being done any better than Kennedy does it. Great vocal, great lyrics, great songs. This is the Real Deal. Brings to mind Taj Mahal. Instrumentation of guitar, banjo, accordion, harmonica, percussion, bass, keys, mandolin. No FCC’s.|
*My Favorites*: Every song.
1. (3:01) Mid. Easy-loping country-blues. Guitar, harmonica, organ.
2. (4:29) Slow / Mid. Channeling some old blues, lonesome harmonica, mellow guitar.
3. (4:42) Mid. Banjo, strong vocal. The old hound and rabbit story. Accordion, percussion. Driving and killer.
4. (3:49) Mid. Title track. Guitar, tambourine intro. Really has that gospel, r & b sound. Harmonica, keys, bass.
5. (4:41) Slow / Mid. Mandolin, wah-wah guitar, heartfelt vocal, heavy lyrics. Haunting, beautiful. Incredible.
6. (3:23) Slow / Mid. High-register vocal, guitar, keys, percussion. Channeling lots of old classic blues tunes. Mellow and absolutely breathtaking!
7. (3:24) Mid. Swirling, hypnotic organ, banjo propel this song about the devil. Killer.
8. (3:17) Mid. Sparse guitar, harmonica. Old time blues.
9. (3:11) Mid / Fast. Upbeat guitar driver with harmonica, great vocal.
10. (3:07) Mid. Upbeat driver with guitar, shaker. Great slide work. Sparse yet full.
11. (4:55) Slow / Mid. Harmonica intro, then percussion, banjo. Driving song about a train.
12. (2:56) Mid. Guitar, harmonica, keys, great high-pitched vocal phrases. Really has that Taj Mahal thing going on.
13. (4:15) Mid. Upbeat banjo, accordion. Driving and just plain cool.
14. (3:21) Slow. Mellow gospel, r & b with piano and vocal. Nice.
|1.||Cat's In The Window||8.||Hard Time Blues|
|3.||Hound And Rabbit||10.||Music To My Ears|
|4.||Shame The Devil||11.||Fo' Day Train|
|5.||That's Just Stupid||12.||Stay|
|6.||How Long||13.||Shake Em Free|
|7.||Musta Bin The Devil||14.||You Don't Know Me|