|Hearn, Kevin / Cloud Maintenance|
|Artist:||Hearn, Kevin||Added:||Jan 2012|
|Add Date:||2012-02-05||Pull Date:||2012-04-08|
|Week Ending:||Apr 8||Apr 1||Mar 25||Mar 18||Mar 11||Mar 4||Feb 26||Feb 19|
|1.||May 17, 2013:||Time Traveler |
|4.||May 04, 2012:||Time Traveler |
|2.||Dec 21, 2012:||Time Traveler |
|5.||Apr 06, 2012:||Time Traveler |
|3.||May 29, 2012:||Time Traveler |
|6.||Mar 30, 2012:||Time Traveler |
Kevin Hearns “Cloud Maintenance”|
Second solo CD from Bare Naked Ladies keyboardist and vocalist. (Hearn has also produced 3 CDs as side projects with a band called Thin Buckle.) This is a collection of creative, playful and often beautiful songs on familiar themes such as longing for love and wonder at the world around us. Keyboards are prominent in most, but not all, tracks. Plenty here for Bare Naked fans and others who appreciate emotive singer/songwriter vocals. Incidentally, the title comes from Hearn’s reflection on “…what if a loved one were working out there (in space) cleaning clouds, and you don’t see them for months?”
Recommended: 7, 1, 2, 3, 6 No FCCs detected.
1. (3:29) Northland Train – Melancholy and reflective. High male vocals over sparse piano. Train rhythm and effects in middle. ****
2. (4:08) She Waved – Glistening piano. Intricate electronic drum programming creates a fast, skittering rhythm. ***
3. (2:54) Don’t Shuffle Me Back – Feist-like beginning evolves into bouncy indie pop-rock tune with a bit of soul added through backup vocalists. **
4. (3:07) Grey Garden – Departure from other tracks. Folky and airy. Strumming guitars and light drums.
5. (3:29) Tell Me Tell Me – Soft rock sound. Longing vocals with rich harmonies added. Melodic piano over electronic drum track.
6. (3:16) The House of Invention – Playful. Melody in triplets, with a jazzy counterpoint of piano and other keyboards. Nice long piano trail-out. **
7. (4:04) Always Changing – Classical guitar flourishings and lightly skipping keyboards provide pace to Hearn’s lush, airy vocals. Rich harmonies are welcome added touches. ****
8. (2:33) See You Again – Old-time flavor right down to the Jackson 5 or rockabilly piano glissando at the start. Creative layering of keyboards and drum programming in this high-energy track. **
9. (4:12) The City of Love – Wistful, floating melody about a “City of Love.” Beautiful background vocals by Jenn Grant.
10. (3:08) Monsters Anonymous – A goofy tune about a meeting of “Monsters Anonymous” (similar to Alcoholics Anonymous).
|1.||Northland Train||6.||The House Of Invention|
|2.||She Waved||7.||Always Changing|
|3.||Don't Shuffle Me Back||8.||See You Again|
|4.||Grey Garden||9.||The City Of Love|
|5.||Tell Me Tell Me||10.||Monsters Anonymous|