|Paper Scissors, The / In Loving Memory|
|Album:||In Loving Memory||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Paper Scissors, The||Added:||01/2012|
|Add Date:||2012-03-24||Pull Date:||2012-05-26|
|Week Ending:||27 May||13 May||22 Apr||15 Apr||8 Apr|
|1.||Sat, 11 May 13:||Merricat McGee|
Sphagna Rhianna Arcadia
|4.||Sun, 20 May 12:||aj|
|2.||Thu, 24 May 12:||aj|
The Fall of Math
|5.||Fri, 11 May 12:||Merricat McGee|
Outrun My Gun
|3.||Wed, 23 May 12:||Karpediem|
Seize the Sounds
|6.||Wed, 18 Apr 12:||Matty K|
The Independent Mind
Australian Indie rock. Lots of interesting switching between tempos and textures mid-song. FCC VIOLATIONS in songs 1, 3, and 6, which is unfortunate as all three of these songs are pretty good (especially 3). Recommended tracks are 4, 8, 9, 10.|
1) Disco Connect (5:56): FCC VIOLATION “fuck” at around 2:00. Starts with slow, airy ambient noise. At 0:50 vocals kick in. At around 2:15 song loses its ambient texture and becomes a plodding surf rocker.
2) Taller Than You Then (3:49): fuzzy bass and heavy drums.
3) Dozens (3:35): FCC VIOLATION “fuck” at 1:50ish. Acoustic guitar, really deep bass that’s almost like a foghorn. Great song though, might suggest for safe harbor hours.
**4) Lung Sum (3:23): Mid-tempo rocker
5) Over There (3:11): Repetitive lick and cool synth sounds, rocks out at end.
6) On Your Hand (2:11): FCC VIOLATION “Shit” at 0:17. Fast tempo, catchy bassline.
7) Soft Pig (3:48): Slow track. No drums until 1:25.
**8) Mechanism (Thick Mortar) (3:51): Faster track with lots of distorted guitar. Last ten seconds are fuzzy distortion.
**9) Wrong (3:09): Catchy beat and cool bass parts. Electronic influences.
**10) Turn it to Gold (4:54): Slower track that intensifies around 1:50. At 3:45 transforms into a slow instrumental jam.
11) Drunk Swim (4:05): Starts cold and slowly. Becomes a more mid-tempo song with a kind of garage feel.
|1.||Disco Connect||6.||On Your Hand|
|2.||Taller Than You Then||7.||Soft Pig|
|3.||Dozens||8.||Mechanism (Thick Mortar)|
|5.||Over There||10.||Turn It To Gold|