|Sherman, Seth / When The Moment Is True|
|Album:||When The Moment Is True||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Sherman, Seth||Added:||Jan 2012|
|Label:||Nine Mile Records|
|Add Date:||2012-06-09||Pull Date:||2012-08-12|
|Week Ending:||Jul 15||Jul 8|
|1.||Jul 12, 2012:||A Mind Redefined |
Floor Of The Ocean
|2.||Jul 05, 2012:||The Concious Soul |
Floor Of The Ocean, You'll Never Know Why
Seth Sherman / “When the Moment is True” / Nile Mile Records|
Higher register male vocals, mostly folky rocky poppy feel. General upbeat, occasional melancholy, though nothing depressing/weepy. Nice stuff! Some more catchy and upbeat, some more folksy and sweet. Frequent use of guitar and vocal layering, some distorted solos. All tracks good and most-crowds pleasing.
Potential FCCs? - 1 (“ass” - shouldn’t be an issue, but maybe you’ve got a religious/high-class crowd)
Favorite tracks: 3, 4, 5, 7
All tracks reviewed inside.
1. 1:33 Stripped, ardent vocals, occasional guitar chords. (“ass” - not sure if FCC)
2. 2:27 Uptempo folksy-poppy, catchy bouncy guitars, layers, nice!
3. *3:48 Midtempo, rich resonant guitar, catchy, soothing and dreamy.
4. *1:41 Quick picked folk guitar riff, very sweet short folksy, lovely.
5. *4:10 Upbeat, guitars, echoey vocals, makes you want to dance around. Nice shreddy guitar solo with “la la la”s overtop at end.
6. 4:09 Mid-slow, nice big sound, layered vocals, makes you want to listen again.
7. *3:15 Slower, regretful, sounds at times like a classic rock/Dylan cover.
8. 4:04 Clean slow bluesy country folksy guitar, vocals come in ~2min in.
9: 3:43 Midtempo, positive, catchy simple chorus, nice closer.
|1.||God Wrote This Song||5.||Floor Of The Ocean|
|2.||Soft And Sweet||6.||Sick Of This Life|
|3.||You'll Never Know Why||7.||My Baby's Got A Hold On Me|
|4.||Kids||8.||It's Shown Me Nothing|