|Filardo / Enter The Edit Suite|
|Album:||Enter The Edit Suite||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Holy Page Records|
|Add Date:||2012-04-14||Pull Date:||2012-06-17|
|Week Ending:||May 13||May 6||Apr 29||Apr 22|
|1.||Dec 18, 2012:||Electrowave |
|4.||Apr 26, 2012:||#YOUTHDEMOGRAPHICRADIO: GNARLY BROWN |
Iron Head, Bite My Tongue, In The Shadows Of, I Can Love You More
|2.||May 08, 2012:||Time Traveler |
A Dog Wearing Glasses
|5.||Apr 19, 2012:||#YOUTHDEMOGRAPHICRADIO: #THEILLEST |
Iron Head, Bite My Tongue, In The Shadows Of, I Can Love You More, A Dog Wearing Glasses, Banana Cream Picture Frame
|3.||May 04, 2012:||Time Traveler |
A Dog Wearing Glasses
Picks up right where Brian Wilson’s "Smile" left off: sunny harmonizing vocals, painstakingly layered walls of sound and explosive creativity. Imaginative lyrics and a varied palette of sounds—all of them top-notch and wholeheartedly unique. Damn, this is good! |
RIYL: Brian Wilson, The Beach Boys, Dent May, maybe David Byrne…
*1. Nostalgic lighthearted indie rock ditty about an old picture frame, memories, etc.
2. MIdtempo rock with deep vocals and squealing blasts of guitar.
*3. Midtempo acoustic love ballad with a lush flutes section. At the 1:30 mark, the tempo picks up and a heavy bossa nova flavor kicks in. Fun, with bouncy percussion.
*4. Loose electric guitar intro leads into a 1960s britop rocker with a mean bassline.
5. One-minute acoustic ditty with an acapella intro.
*6. Big vocals over a bright bouncy background in the style of Los Campesinos, Princeton, etc. Bonus points for the CRAZY harpsichord riffs and cool aquarium SplashTown nautical effects.
7. Chipper 8-bit laptop electronica with a few slowly-crooned verses about ballroom dancing.
*8. Crazy percussion, chillwave vibes with a killer bassline. Also a nice ringing guitar solo a la Nels Cline to bring it all home.
9. Gentle acoustic ballad. Rich melodic vocals—perhaps the finest on the record.
10. Sunny feel-good indie rock with layered guitar and harpsichord and Beach Boys-esque layered vocals. God this sounds like Brian Wilson.
11. Hard-hitting rock with manipulated vocals for a bit of a lo-fi Hold Steady vibe. Great driving guitar and drums. Watch the 9 sec of silence at the end.
12. Smooth vocals with otherworldly lyrics, thundering drums and bongos, piping flutes, and just a touch of choice guitar chords.
13. Epic ending instrumental. Cool xylophone.