Take The Fall is the latest EP by the mythical New York City dance-punkers quartet Bush Tetras. After a 10-year recording break, the Tetras came back with a loud rock n’ roll extended-play record that is closer to the Amphetamine Reptile Records/Touch and Go Records 1990s sound and is a stimulating departure from their classic mutant funk punk blasts. Cynthia Sley’s vocals remain as passionate and spellbinding as in those early scruffy 1980s New York days. Produced by Don Fleming.
RIYL: The Jesus Lizard, Naked Beast, Baus, Melvins, and Au Pairs.
Recommended Tracks: 1, 2, 4, 5
1. (3:56) **True Blue – Medium tempo rocker. Loud guitars, dramatic vocals. Assertive message.
2. (3:32) *Red Heavy – Slow/medium tempo. Intense guitar work. Commanding vocals. Trippy chorus and sound effects enhanced the last minute of the song.
3. (1:17) Mouse – Fast tempo punker. Solid guitar riff. Anecdotal lyrics.
4. (3:42) ***Don’t Stop It – Fast tempo recording. Blending loud guitars, dramatic vocals and a catchy melody.
5. (5:03) *Out Again – Medium tempo driven by ongoing semi-tribal percussion beat and passionate vocals. Ritualistic tone. Fades away at the end.