A great showcase for the guitar master. Disc one is an acoustic set, disc two is electric. As the title says, it’s live so there is applause and cheering from the enthusiastic crowd. He’s backed by a great band that seems to be having as much fun as the audience. Mostly original tunes so good, every track. Songs range from straight-up blues to tracks infused with folk, bluegrass, zydeco, and country.
1. Upbeat w/hints of zydeco, a great, fun opening to the disc.
2. Starts a little relaxed, picks up a drive. Mid/upbeat.
3. Relaxed head nodder w/a nicely swampy tinge.
4. Upbeat rocker w/some great solos. Oh yeah.
5. Slow & evocative love hurts song. Yum…
6. Mostly midtempo w/some great vocal harmonies & playing.
7. Midtempo w/a sweeping blues rock sound.
8. Mostly midtempo zydeco rock. Playful.
This disc features a lot of rock-infused instrumental tracks. Great playing, but I miss the vocals.
1. Mid/upbeat zydeco-influenced rock.
2. Slow instrumental to some stripped down moaning vocals.
3. Driving rock instrumental, great playing w/serious solos. Yow.
4. Down/midtempo instr. The only track that I don’t like.
5. Fast, fast guitar-driven jam.
6. So good, relaxed zydeco-infused tribute to Sonny’s late mom.
7. Complete head-nodding walking blues.
8. Wicked fast zydeco. Oh hell yeah!