Meet King Leg, Meet King Leg, Vla Records (Sire Records)
With a combination of vintage rock & roll, old-school country, and post-millennial cool, Meet King Leg is the first album of Bryan Joyce and his friends, collectively known as King Leg. Some confusion exists regarding the name, as Bryan’s long legs are a staple feature of both the album and the website, but it doesn’t really matter. Dwight Yokum produced this album, which gives Joyce’s raw music a polished edge. Solid, but I wasn’t really excited by this because it felt overproduced. Best: 2, 4, **5, 6, 9
1. Med - Americana/Indi Rock sound. Repetitive lyrics
*2. Slow/Med - classic country tremelo to voice at beginning and end, but music overshadows. Spacey, psych country
3. Med - classic country rock
*4. Slow/Med - acoustic folk rock beginning, then picks up tempo
**5. Med - Thought I would hate it based on the opening, but it surprised me. LISTEN.
*6. Slow - Sounds like a classic country ballad about heartbreak and a comfy chair
7. Med - uptempo country pop sound- the voice reminds me of something...
8. Med - Formulaic country rock
*9. Slow - unique acoustic folk opening, then opens into country rock
10. Med - country rock, kind of generic
11. Med - vocals like a wailing instrument, no words.