|Various Artists / Sahara Lounge|
|Artist:||Various Artists||Added:||Jan 2004|
|Label:||Putumayo World Music|
|Add Date:||2004-04-26||Pull Date:||2004-06-28||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Jun 27||Jun 20||Jun 13||Jun 6||May 30||May 23||May 16||May 9|
|1.||Jul 11, 2022:||Global Ginga |
Ya Rayah, Khallini Biljao, Arhil, Astahel, Shiraz
|4.||Jul 31, 2017:||Happy Hour |
|2.||Jul 18, 2019:||Global Ginga |
Cleopatra in New York, DUB4ME, Ya Rayah, Khallini Biljao, Arhil, Astahel, Shiraz
|5.||Feb 08, 2017:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
Lili S'en Fout
|3.||Jan 16, 2019:||Cafe Nakhil |
|6.||Feb 10, 2015:||Arabology |
Lili S'en Fout
Chill-remixed-mideast pop. Yet another Putumayo compilation. This one is all about mid east pop (Egypt, Lebanon, UAE, Algeria,…) remixed with chill-electronica beats. Mellow, subdued, you feel like invading a small country when this thing is over. Most tracks are decent but not very interesting. Take one at a time, if you want to chill. 1,12 are better.|
1. ** Instrumental. Santur lead, trip-hop beats.
2. * Spanish influences, Arab female vocals, nice slow table groove.
3. Heavier drum beat, male vocals.
4. Female vocals, slightly more traditional instrumentation.
5. One of the most over-sampled songs in the history of Arab music. This remix does not do it much good. Male vocals.
6. * Subdued Dub from Lebanon.
7. * Another bass-y track, female vocals, flute bridge, strings.
8. Male vocals.
9. * Trip-hop, Turkish lyrics, Jazzy short guitar solo.
10. Non-standard male vocals, mellow Egyptian pop remixed.
11. * Instrumental. Bass line, electric and acoustic guitar, ambient, very slight “Sahara” touches.
12. ** Mellow funk groove, female French vocals, mix of traditional and less-traditional instrumentation (sax solo).