Noisy zombie rock. Solo project by Jeff Wagner, from SF. Guitars, drums, synths. Minimal and yet lush with fascinating sonic textures. Fourth record as The Tunnel Of Love (he was in Sharking Teeth and Jumpknuckle). Play with The Cramps, Tom Waits, Old Time Relijun, Electronicat, Quintron, Xiu Xiu, Das Erste Wiener Gemüseorchester. FCC clean. Start with 2, 4, 10, 14.
1. Instrumental: Filmic guitar noise piece. A minute long.
==> 2. Bouncy, cheery zombie rock. Spoken, silly/threatening vocals.
3. Instrumental: Zombie cabaret. Tom Waits with a Casio on halloween. Under a minute.
==> 4. Beefheart when he did lounge... before he met Zappa.
5. Zombie bossa nova, with detuned synthetic organ.
6. Instrumental: Downtempo, zombie lounge. Just a minute long.
7. Instrumental: Mid-tempo. Heavy, insistent, noisy guitars and not much else. Under two minutes.
8. Dr. John/Captain Beefheart doo-wop. Ends suddenly.
9. Instrumental: Fake swamp noises, sour melodic line, and heavy tremolo. Just over a minute.
==> 10. Heavy, zombie-surf beat. Spoken, malevolent vocals..
11. Layered synthetic organ lines plus sparse percussion. Very spooky. Just over a minute.
12. Off-kilter/drunken honky tonk plus skronky/searing guitar. Half-spoken vocals.
13. Instrumental: Nightmare surf noise rock. No percussion. Under two minutes.
==> 14. Zombie space lounge. Forced whisper vocals. Burning, semi-spastic, three-note guitar lead.
15. Instrumental. Are you ready for a synthetic organ solo? Then gets weird. Under two minutes.
16. Zombie folk ballad.
17. Instrumental: Filmic guitar noise piece... reprise of track 1. A min. long.