|Artist:||Golden, Monroe||Added:||Jul 2009|
|Add Date:||2010-01-10||Pull Date:||2010-03-14||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||Mar 14||Mar 7||Feb 7||Jan 24||Jan 17|
|1.||Jun 14, 2014:||Music Casserole
2365 Cahaba Road
|4.||Feb 05, 2010:||The Courtesy Flush
|2.||Mar 12, 2010:||Memory Select
In Pell City I
|5.||Jan 23, 2010:||On The Warpath
|3.||Mar 02, 2010:||Lab Rats
|6.||Jan 23, 2010:||lost and found
Tense, surreal, and sometimes frightening compositions for microtonal keyboard and piano that meet somewhere between sparse jazz, dark folk, and Bach exercises. For such a simple combination of instruments and composition, these songs are remarkable in that you simply cannot stop listening to them. Almost hypnotic, they incrementally add to your reserve of patience and leave you hooked until the final note. Consider this a good mood setter before tackling john cage and his ilk. 5-9 form a suite, so consider playing them together. This could pass as a silent film’s soundtrack.
Try: 1, 3, 6, 12, 16
1. (6:19) Slow, haunting outer space keyboard cascade
2. (5:25) choppy, insistent piano.
3. (3:05) slow and delirious
4. (5:46) rural exorcism
5.(2:48) disorienting, head spinning.
6. (2:01) quiet and pretty, almost like a music box.
7. (3:48) Stronger, like a quaint chase scene.
8. (1:35) pleasant, perky but slow. Space between notes feels like ages.
9. (1:46) an enraged husband in a silent film reads a letter and his eyes get wide and he slams his fists on the table and storms out.
10. (2:28) bagpipe-ish drones and a sullen piano.
11. (3:28) repetitive, but dips down into lower keys occasionally, giving it a dramatic spark.
12. (4:46) Angry squeezed out harmonica-sounding keyboard and frustrated piano stabs. Very odd.
13. (5:54) UFO delirium
14. (5:51) angry barron argues with wife; scuffle ends in someone’s unplanned demise.
15 (5:51) quiet for 10 seconds. Tense sustained notes give it a horror film feel.
16. (12:04) forceful, exuberant, PISSED. Then we calm down and our performers thoroughly explore a number of varied moods.
|1.||Iron Road||9.||In Pell City V|
|4.||2365 Cahaba Road||12.||Montevallo|
|5.||In Pell City I||13.||Coosa Basin|
|6.||In Pell City Ii||14.||Piedmont|
|7.||In Pell City Iii||15.||Scarham Creek|
|8.||In Pell City Iv||16.||Section 16|
|17.||(Bonus Mp3) In Pell City With Poetry By Linda Frost|