|Add Date:||2012-03-24|| ||Pull Date:||2012-05-26|| ||Charts:||Hip-Hop|
|Week Ending:||20 May||6 May||8 Apr||1 Apr|
Flame's 6th studio album is awesome in it's creativity and the production on this album is out of this world. That said, it's not my favorite album by this artist, yet there are songs on this album that I will listen to over and over again. Favorite tracks: 4, 6, 7, 8, 11, 15. No FCC violations. |
1) 3:48- Very hard intro to the album, midwest true with electronic and experimental sounds, medium slow tempo; heavy bass carries this song about Christianity's longevity and how it's been proven over time, essentially.
2) 3:07- Heavy effects on the piano samples make this slower, contemplative song a banger! Very nice male vocals let us know the reason we were made- to know God and represent Him!
3) 4:03- Starts off with few sounds/instruments as premise is laid. Then the beat comes in strong after the first few stanzas. Slower tempo. Almost a dark sound created by piano samples with what sounds like a lot of reverb, bell-types sounds (maybe a xylophone). "Howling" noises (synth) round out the sound.
4) 3:47- This upbeat jam is filled with layered orchestra samples and what sounds like different types of horns, among many other sounds, including what sounds like an electric guitar towards the end. This medium-tempo cut is one of my top cuts on this album.
5) 4:19- Medium/fast tempo. Stays true to his Mid west roots. Simple synth chord progression carries this jam, with heavy kicks and hip-hop (southern-style) hi-hat rolls.
6) 0:54- This is a short song with electronic piano sounds, but I love this one!
7) 4:35- Modulated and grand piano sounds, coupled with electric guitar samples carry this reflective track. V Rose's smooth and soulful vocals are like another instrument on this track. Sounds like a live band in the background, mixed in with well-mixed samples and kits to keep the sound hip-hop. Slow.
8) 3:07- Med/fast tempo, with layered vocals; This is also one of my favorite songs on this album. Love the production on this one. Strong male singing along with a "sine" type sound (REASON) and a heavily tampered-with electric guitar and bass samples carry this tune.
9) 2:52- Med/fast. A lot of sounds coming from different angles in the sound plane, panned and hidden. Heavy bass and drums.
10) 3:41- Drum kit is DIRTY on this one; they sound muffled and modulated, maybe overlaid with a bass sample. Med/fast tempo. Stocoto-type synths in diff keys along with a deep synth/orch hit carries this one.
11) 4:25- Heavy kicks, acoustic guitar, and high-pitched woodwind sounds join the constant snares and experimental sounds on this slower jam, again with V Rose to make this my FAVORITE track on this album.
12) 0:51- Intro to the next song. Nice.
13) 3:56- Orchestra hits and sustained bass. Longer intro makes this song seem slower, but it picks up when the beat drops into a medium tempo song.
14) 4:25- Vocal Samples carry the beginning of this song and continue throughout the song's entirety, beat drops around 1:25. Like this one, too. Almost sounds like some bongos are in this one, then around 3:25 the music totally changes into this electronic mixture of futuristic sounds, then mellows out in the last 6 seconds. Med/fast.
15) 3:44- Electric Guitar (muted), upbeat in vibe, created by a vocal sample over an unknown synthesized sample and a basic drum kit. Nice male vocalist carries the chorus and vamp. Another of my top cuts on this album.