|Unknown Mortal Orchestra / Ii|
|Add Date:||2013-04-14|| ||Pull Date:||2013-06-16|| |
|Week Ending:||9 Jun||2 Jun||26 May||19 May||12 May||5 May||28 Apr||21 Apr|
Psychedelic indie rock. A very impressive sophomore effort from the Australian/American band Unknown Moral Orchestra. A bit lo-fi at times, but the material is all strong enough to not need it as a crutch. For fans of Tame Impala, Of Montreal, the Byrds, and Malachai. |
1. Slow-plucked guitar intro leads into jangly rocker.
*2. Distorted Byrds with on-point percussion and amazing guitar interplay—these guys can really play.
*3. Vocal prowess with cool funky guitar and a mellow laid back vibe.
*4. Funky Jimi Hendrix acid-washed guitar riffs with low-fi aesthetics and a bit of sax.
*5. Bouncy indie rock with washed-out vocals and lots of glissando guitar. It’s impossible to listen to this and not be reminded of “Gimme Shelter,” but in the best way possible.
6. Grainy scratchy guitar with distorted vocals. Driving and a bit coarse.
7. Slow-moving and soulful with ragged guitar strumming and syrupy filtered vocals. More Another track with obvious Hendrix influences.
8. Wandering synth instrumental. Nothing too special here, but serves as a nice interlude if you’re listening to the whole album through.
*9. Loud and proud psych rock with lacerating guitar riffs, stomping percussion and bombastic vocals.
10. Mellow indie rock—a good outro with nicely hummed melodies and a cool breezy feel.