|Mount Kimbie / Cold Spring Fault Less Youth|
|Add Date:||2013-06-09|| ||Pull Date:||2013-08-11|| |
|Week Ending:||21 Jul||14 Jul||30 Jun||23 Jun||16 Jun|
Artist: Mount Kimbie|
Album: Cold Spring Fault Less Youth
Label: Warp Records
Dominic Maker and Kai Campos’s second album, branching out from their previous style focusing heavily on layered electronic samples/ synths. Using more drums, organs, and vocals, this album varies in sound more. Call it minimal, post-dubstep, whatever-- it is cool fucking shit. Great stuff. Sounds like: James Blake, Shlohmo, Gold Panda
Picks: 3, 7, 9, 10
1. (4:37) Soft, airy, trotting song with keyboards + male vox
2. (5:15) Hip hop beat + MC, organs, hi hat lurve
**3. (3:42) Oooh cool synths, light texture with lovely synths. Mixes up half way through. Holy shit.
4. (3:53) Synth fused marching, male vox. Brooding, darker.
5. (4:46) Dance track (kind of)! Fun, head swaying hip bumping.
6. (4:07) Melancholic, drums + synths. Nice.
*7. (3:24) Eerie night synths/horns playing with drum rolls, wind, and echoes.
(3:34) Lamenting male vocals, cool bleeps/bloops. Emotive accompanying guitar.
*9. (3:19) Synths of all sorts and sizes! Creepy, ebbing, fast track. Rad
*10. (3:30) Haunting slower track building on deeper synths with male vocals. Mmm.
11. (2:43) Keyboards with neat building beat and hums. Deep breathing last song.