|Add Date:||2013-08-11|| ||Pull Date:||2013-10-13|| |
|Week Ending:||6 Oct||29 Sep||22 Sep||15 Sep||8 Sep||1 Sep||25 Aug||18 Aug|
Beezher – Sophistysexy|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 8/7/13
Electro-Soul-Funk with elements of Reggae, Hip Hop, World, by solo singer/musician/producer from San Francisco. Totally solo effort in (hotbox) home studio. Attractive and understated female vocals, spoken and sung. Lots of lyrics with internal rhymes and rhythms.
FCC: Track 8 – chorus and concept are both FCC-bad...
1. 5:05 ***relaxed downtempo swingy, echo-y groove. Jazzy close harmonies, interesting incidental sounds.
2. 3:41 ***catchy, boopy minimalist midtempo bounce. Rapid-fire hip hop vocals.
3. 2:52 **little kid freestyle singing with bits of percussion and occasional laughter. Unusual – would probably be great for Orangeasm.
4. 4:21 ****midtempo relaxed Caribbean-flavored swing, new take on the “Party Lights” 60’s hit. You can so totally do the Phish dance to this... A bit of dubstep!
5. 3:28 **tinkly piano, electroboops and whooshes, downtempo but fairly noisy. Hip hop vocals.
6. 3:56 ***slow with lots of percussion and rubber band bass, hip hop vocals with a beat poet delivery.
7. 4:25 ***complex interplay of percussion and vocals, midtempo with a bit of dubstep and grunty electronics.
8. 3:47 FCCs – totally. ***boppyfunky uptempo minimalist bounce.
9. 3:41 ****fun boopy dancehall beat with lots of percussion, complicated lyrical rhyme scheme.
10. 3:39 *****unexpected tabla, midtempo with lots of layers of sound and syncopation, strong hip hop vocals. Political lyrics – good stuff.
11. 3:54 ****midtempo bounce with strong boasting vocals.
12. 4:16 ***electronics, uptempo syncopation, hip hop boasting vocals, catchy.
13. 2:56 *****uptempo electronics with funky percussion, great sociohistory of the illegalization of marijuana.
14. 4:20 ****slow, echo-laden Reggae electronica, the obligatory song of praise to Pot! Very stoned.
15. 4:11 ****all sorts of trippy electronics whanging around in your brain, song of praise to San Francisco, oh yeah! Gnarly chorus.