|Add Date:||2014-05-09|| ||Pull Date:||2014-07-11|| |
|Week Ending:||6 Jul||22 Jun||15 Jun||25 May||18 May||11 May|
Label: Souple Records (independent, France)
So there’s this artist called Moon Boots who I lurve so when I saw Moonshoes, naturally, I picked it up. OH BOY! One man production by Gilles Paulet. Lots of vocoders, bass, horns, disco balls, and some synths. Lots of psychedelia and conjures some disco-vibes from the 70s/80s. If you like Daft Punk, Chic, or really dancing, check this out. A lot of tracks play nicely into each other
Picks: 1, 6, 8, 13, 15
*1 (2:40). THE FUNK IS HERE. Great start. Upbeat, psychedelic, vocoders, A FLUTE?
2. (3:13) Strut funk with sass. Horns too. Vocoded vox a little quiet. Slightly cheesy though.
3. (2:00) Slower, woodblock, piano + psychedelic/ angry flutes
4. (0:55) Vocoded vocals on the sultry make out track. Too short though, 55 seconds is NOT enough time for lurve making.
5. (1:13) Faster track with flutes, sax, bass, but too busy sometimes
*6. (3:31) Title track. I like this, nice bass groove, shimmers, horns, and vocoded vox.
7. (2:06) Walking through a beaded-door things while stoned. Oh you’re a spy too. Saxy.
*8. (2:48) Male vox, sax, vocoders, shakers, BEATZ! Nice funk jam on this one.
9. (1:02) Upbeat, but smokey seductive strings alongside bass guitar, wtf piano?
10. (3:13) Accented male vox, shimmers, nice gr00ve but at times too busy. Try it out though!
11. (0:39) Short instrumental, kind of spacey but groovy and stoned.
12. (0:58) More vox on this one but still a nice instrumental.
*13. (4:51) Love-yearning song with slowed down groove, flutes, male vox. Nice build.
14. (2:14) Sexier funkier jam with bass highlight. Shimmers and snares. Sporadic.
*15.FCC fuckin’ (3:36) Similar to People’s Choice, funky w. male vox. Roller Disco anthem!
16. (0:36) Outro for 15, instrumental just getting out the last bits from the instruments. Ends early