|Belle Adair / Brave And The Blue, The|
|Add Date:||2014-07-04|| ||Pull Date:||2014-09-05|| |
|Week Ending:||7 Sep||31 Aug||24 Aug||17 Aug||3 Aug||27 Jul||20 Jul||13 Jul|
"The Brave And The Blue" Belle Adair|
Florence, Alabama natives, Belle Adair, released The Brave and Blue as their debut album. Folky indie rock style reminiscent of Vetiver and Blind Pilot. Beautiful vocals, stunning instrumentation, great melodies, thought provoking lyrics...so obviously I am a fan.
Recommended Tracks: 2, 6, 7, 9, 10
1. Be Brave (02:45) - Instrumental intro trac
*2. Sister (03:55) - plucking on the guitar, with a slow build in of strings, piano, and slide guitar...very pretty
3. Slowest Routine (03:01) - more interesting drum beat, a bit more of a rock vibe but still mellow. Cool effect on the vocals.
4. Unwelcome Guest (03:23) - 3/4 time on this one. Slow swing, with a pretty interesting baseline and cool builds throughout.
5. Clouds Never Break (03:00) - Very pretty strings!
*6. Golden Days (03:02) - This is probably the most upbeat track on the album. Uptempo poppy melody.
**7. Easy Way Out (04:25) - This is my favorite! Best melody, sweetest lyrics. This is the track I would play for sure.
8. Losing My Train (03:51) - Music builds in pretty slow on this one, so be aware of that. This one is also a little more rock oriented...still mellow of course.
*9. Comes A Time (04:47) - This song is maybe the most Vetiver-esque on the whole record. Not mad at that :)
**10. The Search (02:50) - This one has my favorite lyrics of the whole CD, worth listening to closely. Simple instrumentation, but very pretty use of horns.