|Beck, Joe / Get Me Joe Beck|
|Add Date:||2014-06-06|| ||Pull Date:||2014-08-08|| ||Charts:||Jazz|
|Week Ending:||10 Aug||3 Aug||27 Jul||20 Jul||13 Jul||6 Jul||22 Jun||15 Jun|
Warm and quiet local guitar-led trio recorded live at Anna’s Jazz Island in Berkeley. Simple, no frills playing but all with a tight sense of chemistry and lots of sophistication. Some applause and crowd noise. All the short spoken tracks can lead right into the next song.|
*1. Starts slow & simple then they warm into a relaxed and tight jam.
2. Delicate, slow picks up at about 2:20. Then some nice solos.
3. :56 second spoken word about the guitar’s role in jazz.
4. Slow, lightly bluesy classic that makes this sweetly nostalgic.
*5. Quiet, reflective then at about 2:10 it picks up and swings a bit.
6. Spoken word intro to the band. “They’re stupid good.”
7. Sleepy downtempo classic, like a rainy day. Lovely.
8. :19 spoken intro about drinking and ballads
*9. Lovely and lyrical ballad with a fluid arrangement.
*10. Starts slow and just grows in speed & energy. So cool.
11. 1:41 spoken word joke about the great Jobim. (rimshot)
*12. Jobim composition slow intro, varied tempos, Brazilian hints
*13. Shorter version of #4 with a more obvious blues influence.