|Add Date:||2014-08-29|| ||Pull Date:||2014-10-31|| |
|Week Ending:||2 Nov||26 Oct||12 Oct||5 Oct||28 Sep||21 Sep||14 Sep||7 Sep|
Ty Segall / Manipulator. Garage rock / lo-fi / garage punk / noise / surf. Another release to add to the litany of albums crafted under his name or as various side projects since 2008 (fuzz, white fence, epsilons, etc). Great record, and definitely worth a listen, just wish he hadn’t moved from san fran to LA. RIYL: Fuzz, white fence, thee oh sees, jay reatard, black lips. All tracks are FCC clean, play any, all are quality. |
1. (3:08) **organ and heavy lo-fi guitar riffs. A little punk, a little surf, and a little classic rock
2. (4:02)**heavy guitar groove. Ppbeat. Reverby vocals, spacey and falsetto.
3. (4:14)**rock surf. “Sing louder”, falsetto chorus.
4. (2:59) *heavy bass and driving. “It’s over”
5. (4:15) ***driving bass, softer, jams and rocks out.
6. (4:07) *** begins with undulating bass, then transitions to a mid-paced guitar swagger.
7. (2:52)*begins with face paced guitar picking, drums kick in, repetitive, nice strings section.
8. (2:31) **great mid paced rock song. Heavy bass and a little bluesy. “He’s gonna make a movie of his entire life.”
9. (2:17) **heavy fuzzy guitar, synth, then distorted guitar rock out. Becomes mid paced fuzzy jam with heavy guitar.
10. (2:46) **Drum groove, then cool guitar jam. Falsetto, cool, laid back jam.
11. (4:43) **mixed acoustic and electric guitar. Heavy guitar. Mid-paced rock.
12. (2:28) **Heavy fuzzy guitar. Mid to fast paced. Great great song.
13. (2:34) **Slow, acoustic, very 60’s. Picks up, becomes a great rock song.
14. (2:23) **Heavy and fuzz. Rocks hard.
15. (2:53) *** More of the same and very good.
16. (3:07) ***Heavy and slow paced. Fantastic song.
17. (4:32) *** more of the same, mid paced rock jam with heavy guitar, a 60’s feel, and strings.