|Sbtrkt / Wonder Where We Land|
|Add Date:||2014-10-17|| ||Pull Date:||2014-12-19|| |
|Week Ending:||21 Dec||14 Dec||7 Dec||30 Nov||23 Nov||9 Nov||2 Nov||26 Oct|
Electronica / UK Garage / Future garage. Second album from UK based master of the post-dub Aaron Jerome. Unlike his last album SBTRKT, this album has much less Sampha and a host of other featured artists. The first half of the album is a little weak but the second half is pretty strong. RIYL: Sampha, James Blake, Little Dragon, Rustie, Jamie xx, Jungle, FKA Twigs, FCC: 4, 15|
1. (0:33) Instrumental intro.
2. (2:45) FCC, piano mixed with electronic beat, featuring Sampha.
3. (2:01) Cool synth intro, then drumbeat, then mix the two. Instrumental.
4. (4:14) FCC and not very original. Guest artist is Raury. References a bunch of places in Atlanta.
5. (0:25) Instrumental, bells and march.
6. (4:16) Piano and synth beat. Guest artist is Caroline Polachek. Spacey and ethereal. Down tempo and chill.
7. (2:39) Ambient synth. Instrumental, featured artist Koreless.
8. (3:26)** Could have easily been on the first album. Great song, pseudo dancey, spacey, electronica with an excellent beat and piano. Featured artist is Sampha.
9. (3:01) * Dancy strut electronic beat. Very different and interesting. Super weird song. Guest singer is Ezra Koenig.
10. (3:31)** Solid song, clean and “metropolitan” (I guess, maybe you’ll get me) intro.
11. (2:39) ** Noisy intro. Then excellent beat. Has a playful, curious, and clean vibe. Guest artist is Jessie Ware.
12. (1:30) ** Piano and vocals. Great lyrics. Featured artist is Sampha.
13. (3:37) ** Playful and fun beat. Very infectious. Sparse electronica. Featured artist is Sampha.
14. (3:06) ** interesting and constant synth hum with female vocals. Amazingly infectious chorus. Great song. Featured artist Denai Moore.
15. (4:48) FCC. Not into this song. Features A$AP Ferg and Warpaint. Chorus is “I was on drugs”