|Hundred Waters / Moon Rang Like A Bell|
|Add Date:||2014-10-24|| ||Pull Date:||2014-12-26|| |
|Week Ending:||21 Dec||14 Dec||7 Dec||23 Nov||16 Nov||9 Nov||2 Nov||26 Oct|
Breathtaking album full of poetic lyrics and haunting soundscapes. More electronic than their debut from 2012, but don’t let that turn you away. One of the best pop albums I’ve heard this year. No FCCs. Favorites: 2, 4, 8, 10, 11
Others: Julia Holter, Bjork, Braids, Lower Dens
1. (1:16) Soft quiet spoken vocals. Very simple, but works as a great lead-in to track 2
2. (3:30) *** Piano chords and looped vocal phrase “i wish you”. Great atmosphere and mood. Stuttering beat.
3. (3:18) ** Great drum programming...slightly darker than previous song. Really powerful vocal performance.
4. (4:32) *** Beautiful piano melody holy shit. Definitely one of my favorites
5. (4:39) Similar feel. Ends with a really cool little sample.
6. (4:23) * Slow, cold. Beatless. Fragile and beautiful
7. (4:44) A little too static but definitely a gorgeous track.
8. (4:28) ** Synth-string intro. One of the singles. Great song. Transitions to a brighter feel in the second half.
9. (3:47) ** The ‘dance’ track. Awesome little beat. Crazy vocal manipulation.
10. (4:22) **** Favorite on the album. Swirling piano...gentle vocals...then just goes fucking nuts with huge snare fills and amazing climax. Wow.
11. (3:50) *** Another single. Probably catchiest song on the album.
12. (6:02) * Slow, beautiful. Loose-change beat. Nice calm closer.