|Barr Brothers, The / Sleeping Operator|
|Add Date:||2014-11-14|| ||Pull Date:||2015-01-16|| |
|Week Ending:||4 Jan||21 Dec||14 Dec||7 Dec||30 Nov||23 Nov||16 Nov|
This is the second album from Montreal four piece The Barr Brothers. I would classify it as indie folk...for the most part. The bottom line is, it is gorgeous. One of the best albums I have listened to in a long time. Super excited to play it. RIYL: War on Drugs, Justin Towns Earl, Wilco, Kurt Vile, Black Keys (kind of).|
Recommended Tracks: ALL OF THEM!! Especially:**1**, **4**, 13...But seriously you could pick any of them and be stoked.
1. (2:05) Static Orphans - Beautiful instrumental tracks which flows flawlessly into track to.
2. (4:51) Love Ain't Enough - Up tempo and somehow still mellow. His voice is incredible, the melody is incredible. It is soulful, catchy...yeah it rules. Play it all the time.
3. (5:04) Wolves - This has some beautiful slides on the guitar. Mid tempo, soft vocals, super beautiful.
4. (3:51) Even The Darkness Has Arms - This might be my new favorite love song. So charming, so perfect. Mid tempo, guitar and drums only, with beautiful harmonies.
5. (6:48) Come In The Water - Down tempo, a little more blues, cant help but sway to this one.
6. (4:51) Little Lover - Mid tempo, plucky idie folk track. Lots of harmonizing, lovely.
7. (4:16) How The Heroine Dies - This one has almost a classical guitar feel at the beginning. Simple, mellow.
8. (4:31) Valhalls - Mid tempo, this one feels more like a vintage folk track.
9. (4:53) Half Crazy - Swampy blues feel. Pretty great.
10. (4:49) Bring Me Your Love - This one is almost chaotic. Lots of different sounds and ambient stuff in between lyrics. Down tempo.
11. (4:51) England - Mid tempo, very War on Drugs esq. Super pretty.
12. (4:44) The Bear At The Window - Love this melody, this is a cute and playful song.
13. (5:08) Please Let Me Let It Go - This is actually another favorite of mine. Down tempo, super sad, great way to end this amazing album.