|Colleen Green / I Want To Grow Up|
|Add Date:||2015-03-27|| ||Pull Date:||2015-05-29|| |
|Week Ending:||31 May||24 May||17 May||10 May||3 May||26 Apr||19 Apr||12 Apr|
Power Pop Punk / Lo-fi / Indie Rock. Third full length by Colleen Green and loving tip of her hat to DESCENDENTS. Released on Hardly Art. Most tracks are sugary power pop punk with fantastic lyrics. Definitely worth a careful listen on tracks like Pay Attention, TV, Deeper than Love, and Things that are Bad for Me 1 and 2. The gist is she’s got anxiety, makes poor decisions, and wants to do something about it... but it’s hard. RIYL: La Sera, The Babies, Girls, Dum Dum Girls.|
1. (3:43) I want to grow up. Slow, guitar driven, power pop punk. Taking herself to task for her poor behavior.
2. (3:15) Wild one. * Insanely catchy and fun. Lyrics are kind of annoying... angst and frustration over a boy.
3. (3:10) TV. ** Veg out in your room. Mid paced power pop.
4. (2:46) Pay attention. ** Love this song. “I can’t ever pay attention / to anything you ever say to me”
5. (6:05) Deeper than love. FCC Shitty. * Bass strut with hushed vocals. Introspective lyrics about self-worth, an inevitable death, and feeling disconnected socially. Love it.
6. (3:02) Things that are bad for me (part 1). * More power pop. “Got to stop doing things that are bad for me...”
7. (4:06) Things that are bad for me (part 2). FCC. * Darker continuation of track 6. Catchy with heavy guitar riff. Gets a little noisy.
8. (3:06) Some people. Upbeat with poppy vocals. Trying to sound sweet... but gets better. Instrumentals after first chorus are fun and catchy.
9. (3:42) Grind my teeth. * Upbeat and fast. Melody changes half way through, becomes a dreamy, shoegaze-ish, heavy rock. Returns to fast pop punk.
10. (3:57) Whatever I want. * Electro-pop. Melody is so simple it is almost childish. Lyrics are also childish but it grows on you as the song develops.