|Barnett, Courtney / Sometimes I Sit And Think, And Sometimes I Just Sit|
|Add Date:||2015-04-10|| ||Pull Date:||2015-06-12|| |
|Week Ending:||14 Jun||7 Jun||31 May||17 May||10 May||3 May||26 Apr||19 Apr|
Fun rock with surf and country-western elements. Barnett’s lyrics are fantastic. She has a dead pan straight forward delivery and mostly discusses slice of life topics or her anxiety. FCC on 7. RIYL: The Breeders, Eddy Current Suppression Ring.|
1. (3:15) Elevator Operator. *** Steady bass drum stomp, lo-fi guitar, 60’s/90’s rock vibes, clever and interesting lyrics about a guy considering suicide.
2. (3:50) Pedestrian At Best. *** Heavy pulsating guitar. Deadpan spoken lyrics. Lyrics are fun.
3. (3:10) An Illustration of Loneliness (Sleepless in New York). *** Bass heavy laid-back rock. Straight ahead spoken lyrics. Rocks out after chorus. Really Fun.
4. (6:59) Small Poppies. *** Mellow surfy blues-rock. Steady bass, builds, then brings you back down. Love it.
5. (4:52) Depreston. *** Slice of life house hunting story with a country-western surf feel. Amazing lyrics, she loses it when she realizes the previous owner recently died.
6. (1:59) Aqua Profunda! ** Fun song about boys and swimming. Catchy.
7. (3:33) Dead Fox. (FCC Shit) ** More fun slice of life lyrics. Steady bass drum and ends with huge distortion on the lead guitar.
8. (2:46) Nobody Really Cares If You Don’t Go to the Party. ** Upbeat and bass heavy. Indecisive and anxiety about social interaction.
9. (3:17) Debbie Downer. ** Fun and happy instrumentals with lyrics about anxiety and depression.
10. (6:47) Kim’s Caravan. ** Funky airy and bass heavy intro. Dreamy vocals. Drum set and guitar pick up and song builds.
11. (3:02) Boxing Day Blues. ** Slow oscillating dreamy song.