|Stevens, Sufjan / Carrie And Lowell|
|Add Date:||2015-04-24|| ||Pull Date:||2015-06-26|| |
|Week Ending:||21 Jun||14 Jun||7 Jun||31 May||24 May||17 May||10 May||3 May|
Indie Pop / Art pop / Alt-folk. Simple compositions that emphasize Sufjan’s lyrics. All songs are about death. RIYL: Andrew Bird, Joanna Newsom, The Microphones, Jens Lekman, Grizzly Bear. FCC clean.|
1. (4:00) Death With Dignity. *** Beautiful, simple, sentimental, soft, longing, love it.
2. (5:08) Should Have Known Better. *** Eerie, beautiful, dreamy. Captivating melody.
3. (3:42) All Of Me Wants All Of You. ** Beautiful song.
4. (3:18) Drawn To The Blood. ** Tension in lyrics and instrumentals. Breaks down at end, synth carries you out.
5. (2:27) Eugene. ** Flat picked, soft, and beautiful.
6. (4:39) Fourth Of July. * Dreamy piano and synth. I dislike his use of terms of endearment in the lyrics.
7. (4:44) The Only Thing. *** Bare and pretty.
8. (3:15) Carrie and Lowell. *** Bright flat picked instrumentals. Synth in background. Pretty.
9. (5:05) John My Beloved. **** Play me. This song is beautiful.
10. (2:41) No Shade in the Shadow of the Cross. (FCC, Fucking) *** Again flat picked and beautiful.
11. (4:44) Blue Bucket of Gold. * Simple piano melody. Dreamy and Christian.