|Introverted Dancefloor / Introverted Dancefloor|
|Add Date:||2016-01-25|| ||Pull Date:||2016-03-27|| |
|Week Ending:||20 Mar||13 Mar||6 Mar||28 Feb||21 Feb||14 Feb||7 Feb||31 Jan|
This one-man outfit from New Zealand features breathy, gentle male vocals with lots of synth. The tracks are lyrically in dialogue with one another. Some tracks fit together, such as 1+2, 5+6, 9+10 and 13+14 - watch for endings. RIYL Hot Chip (vocals sound eerily similar). FCC clean. Recommended tracks: 1, 3, 9, 11, 13.|
1. (2:54) Slightly up-tempo, catchy. Leads into following track.
2. (2:09) Mostly instrumental jam reminiscent of track 1. Spacey, twinkly ending.
3. (3:52) Mid-tempo. Swells to a heavy rhythmic break.
4. (3:52) Cool synthed-out beats with unintelligible vocals. Fades out.
5. (3:11) Very Hot Chip-like. Synths, soft male vocals, catchy beat. Flows immediately into next track.
6. (1:07) Spacey, beatless continuation of track 5.
7. (1:15) Uninteresting short ballad.
8. (1:21) Guitar/synth instrumental.
9. (2:56) Bassy introduction that builds to a fun jam. Leads into following track.
10. (2:15) Sparkly, bright instrumental that doesn’t really stand up on its own.
11. (7:35) Most complex, interesting track. Vocals with a chugging beat that builds in an instrumental break. Leads into following track.
12. (3:24) Robotic synthy noises that swell midway, fade out.
13. (3:17) Busy, clangy beat with the usual male vocals. Flows into next track.
14. (4:18) Warped instrumental conclusion to track 13.