|Gold Panda / Good Luck And Do Your Best|
|Add Date:||2016-05-29|| ||Pull Date:||2016-07-31|| ||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||31 Jul||24 Jul||17 Jul||10 Jul||3 Jul||26 Jun||19 Jun||12 Jun|
Warm, nostalgic, expansive electronica. Features field recordings, hazy synthesizer and piano, downtempo dreams, and stylistic cues from early IDM.|
RIYL Four Tet, Balam Acab, Caribou, Ghostly label
Favorites: 1, 3, 6, 7, 8, 9
1. (3:42) * Metal Bird—Breathy vocals and glitchy, stilted electronics. Gets progressively dancier as the song unfolds.
2. (4:28) In My Car—Smooth. Heavy drumming, hushed “oohs” + some high-pitched vocals in the middle section, silvery sounds. Get yr groove on.
3. (4:02) *** Chiba Nights—Playful salsa + house track. This one’s for the dancefloor.
4. (4:14) Pink and Green—Contemplative instrumental. Shuffling, languid beat and some piano. The dawn of springtime.
5. (4:20) Song for a Dead Friend—Vintage IDM chirps, intricate drumming, warped/buzzing sounds.
6. (4:30) ** I am Real Punk—Mostly acoustic track. I guess “real punk” is found in a kind of softness? Starts with delicate guitar and gradually builds in background clouds of synthesizer. Dreamlike.
7. (3:40) ** Autumn Fall—Loud, jarring piano, club-ready beat, gets smoother later on. Hell yeah.
8. (4:11) * Halyards—Downtempo with gleaming piano and muffled vocals. Exudes this pure, radiant cosmic energy. Reminds me a lot of Ulrich Schnauss.
9. (4:53) *** Time Eater—Sharp, stablike sounds and a tight percussion groove. RIYL Death Grips
10. (2:46) Unthank—Sorrowful synths and static ambience. Liturgical in a Tim Hecker way.
11. (3:45) Your Good Times are Just Beginning—Dance track with syncopated, emphatic piano. The name of this track totally just reminded me of last summer’s hype over Jamie xx lol