|Manon Meurt / Manon Meurt|
|Add Date:||2016-06-27|| ||Pull Date:||2016-08-28|| |
|Week Ending:||21 Aug||14 Aug||31 Jul||10 Jul||3 Jul|
Spacious, cosmic shoegaze from the Czech Republic that feels just like the album art: a pink-wash photograph of a girl’s legs dangling on a swing. Songs generally start out softer and amplify the percussion and effects in the last few minutes. Tremendously beautiful. |
Similar to Lush, Warpaint, No Joy, My Bloody Valentine
Favorites: 1, 3, 5, 6
1. (5:22) ** To Forget—Glowing, rather twee. Instrumental section in middle, builds in more feedback in last minute and a half.
2. (3:50) Glowing Cityscape—Plodding, bass-driven groove, wistful.
3. (5:01) * ’94—Slow-burning, minimal guitar and clear vocals. Reminds me of Warpaint. Revs up dramatically in the second half.
4. (3:50) Until You Can—Ambient textured guitars, sort of post-punk, dense.
5. (4:31) *** In These Eyes—Uptempo, golden. Brings to mind Swervedriver. Alternates between clean and distorted guitar, with insane guitar phasing in the last minute. I’m in love.
6. (6:56) ** Blue Bird—Melancholic, heavy guitar with little effects in the first half. Soaring, skyward, totally blown-out guitars in the last three minutes. Just incredible.