|Add Date:||2016-08-29|| ||Pull Date:||2016-10-31|| |
|Week Ending:||30 Oct||23 Oct||16 Oct||9 Oct||2 Oct||25 Sep||18 Sep||11 Sep|
This is the second full length release from New Zealand's power indie pop group BROODS. It is the best indie pop record I've heard in a long time, and, unlike CHVRCHES, it is better than the first. RIYL: CHVRCHES, Tove Lo, BANKS...etc.|
Favorites: ALL!!! But start with: 1, 4, 6, 8, 13
1. (3:44) Free - Huge sound to start off this record, all of the synthy hooks and urgent vocals that we have come to expect from this band.
2. (3:23) We Had Everything - 80s pop vibe, more infectious melodies, takes a second for the snaps to build in, but it is impossible not to dance to this one.
3. (4:02) Are You Home - More electronic, slightly less urgency in the vocals, almost relaxing.
4. (3:17) Heartlines - This one is my favorite by far. Amazing track. Lyrics are great, instrumentation is awesome.
5. (3:33) Hold The Line - Mid tempo, less exciting but still good.
6. (4:00) Freak Of Nature Featuring Tove Lo - Piano and vocals, awesome harmonies, builds up about half way in, such a cool track.
7. (3:02) All Of Your Glory - Much more mellow, awesome vocals, very pretty.
8. (3:58) Recovery - This is another favorite, super cool beat.
9. (4:04) Couldn't Believe - Piano, drums, and synth. Huge sound, another great track.
10. (3:30) Full Blown Love - Indie pop to the extreme, another power ballad.
11. (4:03) Worth The Fight - Starts with a slow build, more of the same.
12. (3:37) Bedroom Door - Downtempo, great harmonies, smooth.
13. (4:01) Conscious - Starts simple and builds again, more of the same but the phrasing of these verses is super cool.