|Add Date:||2016-09-12|| ||Pull Date:||2016-11-14|| |
|Week Ending:||13 Nov||6 Nov||23 Oct||16 Oct||9 Oct||2 Oct||25 Sep||18 Sep|
RIYL- Joan Baez, Jack White, Sallie Ford|
Equal parts rock n’ roll, pop, and classic country, this record stands out from artists with a similar sound because of Olsen’s truly unique and heartwarming voice as well as her quality of lyrics. It’s front loaded with the more hard rocking songs, and then goes slow and smooth, in the best way. When you finish dancing through the first five tracks, sit back and let her incredible voice swaddle you in warmth for the rest of the record, starting with “Heart Shaped Face.” Number 7 is nearly 8 minutes, but don’t let that be a turnoff. It is well worth airtime somewhere. -iota
1. ! Intern 2:46—Cool space age intro, very different from the rest of the record
2. Never Be Mine 3:40—Classic Angel Olsen country-esque pop rock
3. !!!! Shut Up Kiss Me 3:31—Attitude alert! I love this one. Rock n’ roll!
4. Give It Up 3:21—Woohoo rock n’ roll!
5. Not Gonna Kill You 4:56—Somewhat unremarkable rock
6. !!!!! Heart Shaped Face 5:32—Slows things down here, and it’s a beauty
7. !!!!! Sister 7:45—Shows off her voice better than the other songs. Climactic last two minutes. I love it so much.
8. !!!!! Those Were The Days 4:17—Swooning warm guitar, smooooth drums. This one swings.
9. Woman 7:33—Romantic ballad.
10. Pops 4:41—Just piano and vocals end things on a somber note.