|Automatisme / Momentform Accumulations|
|Add Date:||2017-02-01|| ||Pull Date:||2017-04-05|| ||Charts:||RPM/Electronica, Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||12 Feb|
Ambient techno that takes inspiration from musique concrète. The debut album of William Jourdain of Quebec, who has been exploring the intersections of ambient, drone, and dub techno since 2013. He is also a painter and installation artist and is currently doing graduate work in Art History. This record is characterized by a soft abrasiveness—subtle kicks move alongside chill ambient walls and bassy noise. Play any/all.|
Related: Autechre, Aphex Twin ‘Selected Ambient Works’, Oren Ambarchi
1. (5:19) ** Transport 1—Propulsive wordless rock with some droning parts. Moodier in the second half.
2. (9:49) *** Simultanéité 3—Urgent hospital beeps for the first minute. Then brings in more disorienting notes. Ambient sections at times.
3. (5:32) ** Transport 2—Closer to Berlin techno. Gradually builds in white noise.
4. (9:15) *** Simultanéité 1—Murky, droning buzz soon layered by a thin vinyl crackle and distant synths.
5. (5:36) ** Transport 3—Fast, insistent beats and glitch.
6. (9:06) **** Simultanéité 4—Dreamiest of the lot. Steadily adds a driving kraut-inspired beat sequence. Liquid finish.