|Disaster Strikes / In The Age Of Corporate Personhood|
|Add Date:||2016-12-21|| ||Pull Date:||2017-02-22|| ||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||12 Feb||5 Feb||15 Jan||8 Jan||1 Jan|
In the Age of Corporate Personhood is the third album by Boston political hardcore punk band, Disaster Strikes. Mixing the Washington, D.C. hardcore sound with old school Southern California punk (more on the melodic vocal style), the album is filled with fast tempos, classic punk guitar moments, and fervent anti-establishment denunciations. Music that reflects the urgency of our times. Killer cover art by Minneapolis-based artist Bill Hauser.|
RIYL: Econochrist, Bad Brains, Dead Kennedys, Bring Down the Hammer, and Crass.
FCC WARNING: 2, 9
Recommended Tracks: 1, 3, 5, 6, 7, 9
1. (2:25) *The Fighting Path – Loud and clear.
2. (1:02) You Are Nothing – FCC (Fucking). Serious lyrics. Intense backing vocals.
3. (3:10) **In the Age of Corporate Personhood (Featuring Jello Biafra) – Jello Biafra being Jello Biafra. Urgency everywhere. Solid punker.
4. (2:38) Deconstruct the Plot – Old school California punk. Intense.
5. (2:03) **Drone Strike – Punk you!
6. (1:51) *Song and Purpose – More old school California punk. Yeah!
7. (2:19) *Your Life = Their Lie – Loud and clear.
8. (1:14) The Harvest – P. I. N. D.
9. (2:28) *A New Solidarity! – FCC (Shit). Now or never!
10. (4:50) Now or Never – Punk you! Last three minutes has the band playing over a medley of news sound bits. Dramatic and powerful.