|Balkan Beat Box / Shout It Out|
|Add Date:||2017-01-10|| ||Pull Date:||2017-03-14|| ||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||12 Feb||5 Feb||29 Jan||15 Jan|
Balkan Beat Box|
Shout It Out
(Released by Digital Monkey)
Reviewed by BravoMarco
Always quality rhythms from this group, Earthy folky sax driven electronica beats, infused with sounds from the Caribbean, South America, Eastern Europe & the Middle East – And with a smooth singing style - It‘s a happy collection alright.
Like: The Bombay Royale, Gogol Bordello, Manu Chao, The No Smoking Orchestra, Boom Pam, Raya Brass Band, (A pop version of) The The
1) Give It A Tone (3.23) Has a more poppy ‘Tackhead’ feel about it. Up beat & very lively.
2) *I Trusted U (3.42) This is all over the place, soulful at times mixed in with acoustic elements. (FCC –fuck)
3) *Shout It Out (3.24) Big bassy & fun (FCC - throws in a cheeky fuck at the beginning)
4) Chin Chin (3.48) Mid tempo richness. Something for everyone on this. Head nodding catchy beats.
5) I’ll Watch Myself (3.48) The song you would enjoy hearing on mainstream radio (if they would play it) It’s poptastic!
6) Just The Same (3.24) Slowing it down on the commercial reggae tip.
7) Hard Worker (4.04) The busiest track, has it ups & downs.
8) *Mad Dog (4.04) A mid paced space age ‘Madness’ style sound. (FCC – Fuck at the start)
9) Mad Dog Chaser (1.17) Carries on from the previous, slower dub version with added pings...Tracks that used to be on 12” releases.
10) Kum Kum (Featuring A Wa) (5.19) Israeli compatriots A WA returning the favour....Upbeat & funky. Next summers big Euro club hit.
11) This Town (3.15) Relaxing 80’s charmer with a message.
12) This Town Chaser (1.31) Added niceness.