|Empire Of The Sun / Two Vines|
|Add Date:||2016-12-29|| ||Pull Date:||2017-03-02|| |
|Week Ending:||5 Mar||26 Feb||19 Feb||12 Feb||5 Feb||29 Jan||22 Jan||15 Jan|
These guys, hailing from Australia, are such fun. Each track will bring you their trademark feel-good falsetto, big synths, and instrumentation. But their work is more complex than that of the usual electro pop duo: lyrics can be creepy, intense, unexpected; their live show is remarkable with fantastic costumes (check the album insert). This is all great. Seriously.|
RIYL Cut Copy, Van She, Neon Indian
Recommended tracks: 1*, 2, 5*, 6, 7*, 8*, 10*
1. (4:05) Mid/uptempo with bright electronic effects encouraging us to go on a love adventure.
2. (3:45) Guitar and piano swell into an uptempo, happy, beat-heavy chorus.
3. (3:50) Mid-tempo title track with a lot of studio processing. An anthem.
4. (3:20) Up-tempo, joyful, friend-fearing jam with a summer feel.
5. (3:28) Slow jam with auto-tune becomes a lofty tune about leaving one’s soul behind.
6. (3:12) More of a classic EOTS sound, featuring prominent drums, harmonies, and guitar jams.
7. (4:07) Chorus featuring a back-and-forth with an autotuned line with a computerized vibe. Big synth swells.
8. (4:02) Slow jam with echoing drums and a twinkly synth.
9. (4:11) Anime vibes from this xylophone-sounding ditty.
10. (3:10) Silly auto-tune for a second makes this one with a bright, island beat great.
11. (3:56) Moody guitar ending. Perhaps the only track I don’t adore.