|Rising Sun / Lamentations Of Rising Sun, The|
|Add Date:||2017-03-08|| ||Pull Date:||2017-05-10|| ||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||19 Mar||12 Mar|
Euphoric throwback to early 90s electronica. Rising Sun (Steffen Laschinski) is a producer based in Berlin with an extensive back catalogue and this release comes to us from Fauxpas Musik, a celebrated Berlin label. It’s a nice mix of beat-driven and spacey ambient tracks—dreamy, immersive music still propelled by a certain energy. I can’t recommend this enough. |
Related: Kassem Mosse, Roman Flügel, Burial
1. (3:12) ** The Light and the Dark—Calm, rolling, sublime.
2. (4:25) *** Entrance (Live)—Blissful deep house.
3. (3:24) Parade (Version A)—Angelic female voice, mostly ambient until a more industrial finish.
4. (5:13) ** You Loose—Funky, energetic, with some disparate vocal fragments.
5. (6:06) *** Parade (Version F)—Chill electronica, some swaying vocal stretches and occasional beats. “Space, time” repeated. Reminds me of Burial.
6. (3:28) ** Brighter Day—Hollow liquid drum and bass, amazing groove.
7. (2:52) D.E.T.R.O.I.T.—Warm, majestic ambient.
8. (4:31) ** I Feel This Way—Intense drum and bass. Changes midway to a more jungle style.
9. (6:40) * Hold the Line—Shimmering, bittersweet trip-hop.
10. (6:02) **** A Path—Subdued, beat-driven electronica that muses on the deep questions of life.
11. (5:36) *** In My Mind—Nostalgic, melancholy house.
12. (4:04) Arctic—Distant, windswept ambient.