|Huerco S. / For Those Of You Who Have Never (And Also Those Who Have)|
|Add Date:||2017-01-10|| ||Pull Date:||2017-03-14|| ||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||19 Feb||12 Feb||5 Feb||29 Jan||22 Jan||15 Jan|
Ambient turn of things from Brian Leeds, NYC-via-Kansas based producer. Pensive, hopeful ambient music with beats and organic instruments layered beneath thick atmosphere. The entire album floats and even the beat-driven tracks seem weightless. First half markedly better than second.|
1. (7:18) *** A Sea of Love—Thick, creamy ambient with subdued synth notes quietly dancing on the surface.
2. (8:13) * Lifeblood—Distorted strings and a bassy undercurrent. Reminds me of recent Tim Hecker.
3. (6:07) ** Hear Me Out—Whirring chimes over a repeated keyboard melody that gets more prominent.
4. (5:39) * Kraanvogel—House inspired. Thumping, hollowed out beat and distortion sweep horizontally.
5. (5:57) ** On the Embankment—Melancholy bleeps and bloops, erratic house.
6. (3:41) Marked for Life—Playful synth loops that grow stale after a while.
7. (2:41) Cubist Camouflage—Dusty noise, ringing synth loops and bass.
8. (6:56) Promises of Fertility—More noise and synth loops, this time more muted.
9. (6:07) The Sacred Dance—Ambient nursery rhyme. Calm, glittering keys and panoramic sweeps of tension.