|Add Date:||2017-01-24|| ||Pull Date:||2017-03-28|| ||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||19 Mar||12 Mar||5 Mar||5 Feb||29 Jan|
Reviewed by BravoMarco
Austin based audio & visual artist Randall Taylor providing us with a stellar example of a looping drone mélange. Ambient tunes with that extra bite.
Like: Laurence English, Monadh, and Andrew Tomasello
All good: Loving 3,5,7
No FCC’s (Instrumentals)
1) Financial Ruin (9.15) Quiet & peaceful, yet filled with an underlying sense of foreboding. (long fade)
2) Conditionals (3.34) Fuzzy backing to a louder, more uplifting ambient mood than the previous. (long fade)
3) Self-Sabotage (4.31) Spoken word introduces this intense yet glistening trip through the graveyard.
4) Delusions Of Grandeur (5.22) Looping rain forest nirvana. Softly done.
5) These Controlling Forces (9.15) Starts like a Bauhaus intro of old, yet never goes beyond that, adopts a more delicate approach from then on. Special.
6) Discerning (7.47) Carries on with the mellow ambient moods with a glitchy texture.
7) The Power Of Focus (8.22) Hypnotic melody. Slow, deliberate & mesmerizing.