|Cherry Glazerr / Apocalipstick|
|Add Date:||2017-01-24|| ||Pull Date:||2017-03-28|| |
|Week Ending:||26 Mar||19 Mar||12 Mar||5 Mar||26 Feb||19 Feb||12 Feb||5 Feb|
Cherry Glazerr have ditched the bloody bandaids and grilled cheese sandwiches of their previous album and moved on to the deep stuff of life. This record is quite capacious in the genres it spans: garage punk, shoegaze, surf rock, metal. One of the first great records of 2017. |
Related: Joanna Gruesome, Vivian Girls, Burger Records. FCC: 4, 7, 10
1. (4:34) *** Told You I’d Be with the Guys—Driving riffs, pounding drums, howls. Yearning for female solidarity.
2. (3:08) * Trash People—Fuzzed-out, bit more slacker. Cute lyrics.
3. (2:34) * Moon Dust—Synths and dreamy vocals interchange with driving rock parts.
4. (2:43) Humble Pro—FCC shit. Chiming guitars, drowned-out vocals, and epic guitar workouts in second half.
5. (3:46) **** Nuclear Bomb—Soft voice and acoustic guitars invites increasingly raw vocals and electric guitars. The centerpiece of the record. “All the stars are swimming in a bathtub.”
6. (3:45) Only Kid on the Block—High vocal stretches and punchy bass, synths, guitar solos. Loud, in-your-face rock.
7. (3:41) Lucid Dreams—FCC fuck. Prominent bass, dreamy vocal layers, shoegaze guitars.
8. (2:21) ** Sip O’ Poison—Pounding garage rock with distortion, synths.
9. (3:01) *** Nurse Ratched—Echoes of the Haxel Princess sound. Chiming propulsive guitars and clear vocals.
10. (2:45) Instagratification—FCC fuck. Driving 21st century shoegaze. Just like Ringo Deathstarr. Surprising wah pedal and psychedelic tropes in the bridge.
11. (2:06) * Apocalipstick—Ponderous metal, continually adds layers of effects. No vocals.