|Add Date:||2017-04-27|| ||Pull Date:||2017-06-29|| ||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||14 May||30 Apr|
(Released on InsectFields)
Reviewed by BravoMarco
Stunning textures as always from Jeff Barsky, alternates between the harsh & the mellow. Effected guitar sounds are prominent on this experimental beauty.
Like: Andrew Tomasello, Loren Connors, Andrew Weathers,
All great: Loving 3 & 5
No FCC’s (Instrumentals)
1) We’re All Just Here For The Money (5.34) Bagpipe like sound on some sort of high or low on this compelling journey.
2) Slow Oxygen Loss (10.02) Glitchy start that remains throughout in the background, with a rich tapestry of slow moving flavors in the forefront.
3) Junk Machine (7.24) The mighty Chris Brokaw guests on this memorizing slow drawn out epic. A grittier Paris, Texas, perhaps.
4) Cigarette (2.50) Another mellow atmospheric piece.
5) Sleep Instruction (17.32) This track does it all in the 17 minutes, seems to me to be taking snippets from the four previous tracks, yet its all fresh & unique. A more industrial low fuzz with moments of radiant sunshine.