|Various Artists / Time Between Us, The|
|Add Date:||2017-02-15|| ||Pull Date:||2017-04-19|| |
|Week Ending:||2 Apr||26 Mar||19 Mar||5 Mar||26 Feb||19 Feb|
Split EP between Emma Ruth Rundle and Jaye Jayle, both artists on Sargent House. Heavy atmospheric guitars and raw vocals with an entrancing sense of death. The first half is more space-oriented while the second half is more driving. All tracks great.|
Related: Tara Jane O’Neil, Rivulets, Wovenhand
1. (5:29) *** Emma Ruth Rundle - The Distance — Slow, ponderous, gorgeous. More soaring to finish, with added keys.
2. (4:57) ** Emma Ruth Rundle - To Fold in England (Hours) — Bright washes of strings. Murky vocals and guitars drowned in reverb.
3. (4:36) *** Emma Ruth Rundle - Hand of God (Acoustic) — Acoustic version of a track from her newest album. Distorted acoustic guitar and voice.
4. (4:09) ** Jaye Jayle - About Time You Came to Me — Blues guitars, relaxed in an unsettling way.
5. (4:38) *** Jaye Jayle - Unnecessarily — Steady, foot-tapping beat propels this into eerie alt-country.
6. (3:46) *** Jaye Jayle - Hope Faith County — Astonishing Swans feel. Harmonica opening brings in huge bass, ominous vocals, all kinds of intricate details.