|Add Date:||2017-02-22|| ||Pull Date:||2017-04-26|| |
|Week Ending:||23 Apr||16 Apr||9 Apr||2 Apr||26 Mar||19 Mar||12 Mar||5 Mar|
Genres: Eclectic Psych Rock|
Overview: Seattle, Washington trio made up of Guitarist Tomer-David Rapaport (aka STITCX), Drummer/Banjo Player Joseph Braley, and vocalist Katie Blackstock. The songs largely deal with themes of spirituality and existentialism. An interesting blend of Rock, Psychedelic, Trance styled beats and vocals.
Reminds me of: Belly, Bauhaus - kind of (old-school, I know...)
Favorite Tracks: 1, 2, 4
Tracks: Favorites (*)
1. * Pandora’s Box (3:35): slow/medium tempo song with ethereal guitar/synth and spare drums; sultry female vocals with some harmonizing
2. * Fata Mirage (3:22): guitar and tambourine starts off; drums roll in with driving tempo; echoing female vocal; Middle-Eastern vibe to this one; builds layers of sound and then strips them back over and over; somewhat hypnotic
3. California Sees You (3:42): back to a slower beat; guitar opens, drums and female vocals come in with male back-up; build to almost anthem-like heights; a bit of trance here
4. ** Passers By (3:23): acoustic guitar opens; drums enter and dreamy, harmonizing female vocals come in; hypnotic rhythm; simple and catchy, almost folksy; sparse piano/vocal bridge is nicely done; I have been humming this one since I heard it.
5. Roar (2:38): abrupt start with loud dueling guitar and drums; strong female vocals; hardest and fastest track on the album; bordering on heavy metal (in a good way); Metallica influence is evident here