Catchy, vaguely unhinged lo-fi folk-rock from LA. Strong slacker feel with slight depressive tendencies, enjoyably silly lyrics, great deranged gang vocals. I think one of the members is a DJ at KXLU. The music moves more toward conventional lo-fi folk-pop as the album progresses. RIYL: Wooden Wand making an album for Burger Records, early Modest Mouse, Sparklehorse, Red Red Meat, Souled American, drinking cheap beer on the sidewalk before noon and watching neighborhood skaters eat pavement. Favorites: 1 (during safe harbor), 2, 5. FCC WARNING: 1.|
1. *(4:07)—FCC (s***). Slow, moody, head-bobbing, lots of cool spontaneous vocal interjections. My favorite. Play this during safe harbor.
2. *(3:06)—Medium-slow, plodding, pretty and a little melancholy.
3. (4:16)—Slow, bummed out breakup jam.
4. (2:27)—Medium-fast, hip-shaking, comparatively energetic.
5. *(2:26)—Medium-slow, dark, with subtle droning keyboards.
6. (2:42)—Mid-tempo, sunny, just one guitar and singer.
7. (2:47)—Slow, smoother, more upbeat, somewhat reminiscent of Mac DeMarco?
8. (3:32)—Mid-tempo, minimal. Pretty fingerpicking.