|Add Date:||2017-06-01|| ||Pull Date:||2017-08-03|| |
|Week Ending:||16 Jul||9 Jul||2 Jul||25 Jun||11 Jun|
|Sam I Am|
Owel / Dear Me: A very beautiful emo rock album with hints of post-rock throughout. The band is very fond of their string arrangements, as nearly every song has some sort of string accompaniment. Male vocalist has a very clear tone, and never verges into the whiny timbre that accompanies most emo vocalists. Lots of loud, crushing climaxes tend to close out many of the songs. |
RIYL: Muse, Circa Survive, Sigur Ros, “Ok, Computer” era Radiohead. FCC clean. Recommended: 1, 6, 10.
1. (5:53)* Soft intro with bells until 00:22 where guitars and strings come in, followed by a much more subdued and melancholic tone, a fav.
2. (7:28) Clear vocals with plucking strings, very dramatic outro to more strings and post-rock esque guitars.
3. (4:34) Sounds a lot like a Muse song. Airy female backing vocals in the chorus.
4. (4:58) acoustic guitar intro, very emo sounding, some vocal choir going on from the middle of the song till end.
5. (3:46) More up-beat in tone compared to other songs, typical indie rock guitars speed it up in middle.
6. (5:58)* Long, drawn out vocal lines in the chorus alternating with some falsetto. Beautiful, loud outro to strings and fuzzy guitars.
7. (4:43) Light, comforting keyboard and bells. Very soft sounding song.
8. (6:51) Filler track, rumbling drums and scattered guitars throughout. Music stops at 6:30, last 20 seconds are just whispering.
9. (4:18) Distorted electronic drum beat, female backing vocals, synth solo.
10. (6:26)* Bright piano melody intro, reminds me of spring. Most cheerful sounding song on album. Math-rock sounding riffs come through after first chorus, another fav.
11. (5:32) Glockenspiel intro reminds me of Radiohead, wall of fuzzy power chords and strings in the climax.
12. (5:10) Music starts at 00:08. Basically an instrumental post-rock outro, with only distorted vocals vaguely heard in the background.
Sam I Am.