|Add Date:||2017-06-21|| ||Pull Date:||2017-08-23|| |
|Week Ending:||13 Aug||6 Aug||30 Jul||23 Jul||16 Jul||9 Jul||2 Jul||25 Jun|
Routines is the debut album by Bloomington, Indiana’s band Hoops. Dream pop a la C86 with touches of chillwave and 1980s college radio rock. I particularly like the 1980s lo-fi recording quality. VHS tapes forever.|
RIYL: Aztec Camera, Washed Out, Craft Spells, Real Estate and early The Stone Roses.
FCC WARNING: 7
Recommended Tracks: 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 11
1. (2:49) *Sun's Out – Medium tempo track with one foot in 1987 British modern rock and the other in early Real Estate territories.
2. (2:13) **Rules – Medium-up tempo dreamer with pleasant guitars and a catchy melody. Short.
3. (3:45) On Top – Medium tempo piece. Reminds me of early Stone Roses. Nice melody.
4. (2:20) *Benjals – Instrumental track. Feels chillwaveish. Recording style also very similar to early Washed Out stuff.
5. (3:06) Burden – Another medium tempo recording in the spirit of the C86 sound. Mellow.
6. (3:26) **On Letting Go – Medium tempo synth-driven piece. Reminds me of Washed Out. And late 1980s British guitar pop. Well crafted.
7. (2:02) The Way Luv Is – FCC (Shit). Medium-up tempo recording. Word up.
8. (3:37) *Management – Medium tempo recording with solid guitar work and a pleasant chorus. Playable.
9. (2:47) All My Life – Medium tempo popper with a 1970s AM radio feeling.
10. (2:21) *Underwater Theme – Slow track coated with a couple of layers of 1980s pop. Chill vibes here.
11. (4:24) **Worry – Another slow recording that reminds me of early Aztec Camera. Quite exquisite. It includes a sax solo. 1980s forever.