|Rf Shannon / Jaguar Palace|
|Add Date:||2017-06-01|| ||Pull Date:||2017-08-03|| |
|Week Ending:||23 Jul||9 Jul||25 Jun||18 Jun||11 Jun|
Cosmic Americana from Austin, TX. Dreamy, distant, boundless. Takes its time, slowly revealing its understated beauty. One of the best records I’ve heard in a long time. Play any/all|
Related: Jaye Jayle, Jesse Sykes & the Sweet Hereafter, Jess Williamson
1. (7:05) ** Jaguar Palace—Calm, nostalgic. Long flute and piano intro, then gets into a nice slow jam.
2. (5:45) *** In the Wilds of My Mind—Warm country. Steadily picks up the reverb and distortion. Long ambient fade.
3. (6:20) *** Tell My Horse—Slowed-down rock feel. Chiming guitars.
4. (3:50) **** Had a Revelation—Faster-paced acoustic track with a hint of lonesome foreboding. Hazy vox.
5. (11:01) ** Hotteville—Slow, ponderous instrumental intro. Heavy atmospherics. Flute returns towards the end.
6. (7:46) ** New Weimar Train—Great bass groove. More gorgeous weird Americana. Train as metaphor for life?