|Add Date:||2017-08-17|| ||Pull Date:||2017-10-19|| ||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||10 Sep||27 Aug||20 Aug|
Nu LP for RS
Reviewed by BravoMarco
An atmospheric bleak release from Konrad Jandavs. All tracks have an austere quality with a burned out edge to them. Track times make this highly assessable for those wishing to venture into the darker side of the experimental genre.
Like: – Lawrence English, MyTrip, Voicehandler
All very good, loving 4,7,9
No FCC’s (Instrumentals) *Apart from the title of Track 8
1) PCM Track I (1:00) Slow industrial rumblings with this opener.
2) Apocryphal Blues (3:45) Dark laser show manipulations, leading to a light ambient feel that again takes a turn to the desolate side.
3) Seeing A Face Instead Of The Mask / Mirror Facing Mirror (2:02) Glitchy effects give way to that classic train track blur.
4) PCM Track II (5:18) Gnawing scraping recordings that scream with passion. The almost silence half way through works wonders. Scary times.
5) Prepared Remarks (3:34) Almost upbeat. Droney fog horn of sorts with images of a doomed journey at sea coming to mind. Some silence amongst the blips & blobs.
6) Sautenes In Amber (1.59) Has that ‘Bauhaus’ feel for an opening & then stays with the Count Orlok playlist.
7) PCM Track III (4.22) Chilling.
8) *Classic Nu Shit (3.59) A creaking door opens up to a synth sunrise – The brighter feeling track.
9) Anthropomorphic Cloud Of Smoke (6.13) The sounds of a putrefying forest.
10) Repeat The Phrase Until The Words Have No Meaning (2.29) Amplified drops of water, maybe. In any case, this is full of gloomy charm. (long fade)